Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A House... And Some Me Philosophy


Now we are up to date (kind of). The only thing this picture doesn't show on the exterior is the windows have been installed. It took my brother and I about 6 weeks to frame the roof after the trusses had been set. There is a lot of the roof that could not be made at the factory. We borrowed a framers material handler to help us lift wood up to the roof. We only made 4 or 5 thousand mistakes that we had to fix, but in the end, the roofers had made a comment about how they had never seen a house framed so well. I guess that's what you get from a framer that took 3rd place in a national framing contest.
The garage layout is pretty cool. Since the garage was almost 14 feet tall, we decided that at least one 10 foot garage door would be nice. It's 30 feet deep, so we can put some pretty big stuff in there. The garage is the primary reason I want to build a house. There is something about a garage that attracts a man. Its something in our need pool, like the need for a wife. I know that I can have a really bad day, like get yelled at by the boss or get stuck in traffic for two hours and then get yelled at by the boss, and I can come home and be at one with myself in a garage. I can't do that with any other room, even the bathroom, which is "be at one with myself" room number two. I can't wait to have a garage again (I live in a condo, I haven't had a garage since I kicked my parents out of theirs years ago)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so sexy I feel guilty when my wife catches me looking at it!

skiv