Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lookin Nice


I haven't been over the house for a few days. I usually take Friday off from my regular job so I can get an early start on the weekend, but by the time the weekend is over, my body is toast and I need a couple days off. I don't have a whole lot to do at Jacobsen Construction, so I have taken quite a few days off. I have only two active jobs and it's Christmas time, so work usually slows down.
We have a couple weeks before we are ready for insulation and the stucco contractor is getting anxious to get going. I think we hit a pretty big speed bump last week though. My buddies doing the electrical decided to drill through my trusses (7 or 8 holes) to run wires because it was more convient for them. Unfortunately, trusses are never to be cut or drilled. So I have to have the engineer give me a fix. I hope it's not too costly or time consuming. My electricians say they always drill trusses. I have never heard anything so scary. If you are unsure if you can drill or cut a peice of wood that is attached to your house, please don't ask an electrician.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That SUCKS!!!!! Brother you need to put a boot in that kids ass.

skiv

Capital P said...

Free labor comes at a cost. Its not like I haven't done anything that I have had to fix, so I can't be too upset. The electricians haven't shown up for three weeks and they are getting behind. I think they are waiting for me to finish it for them. That's a pretty scary thought, me with electricity, (zaaaaap!!! ah, my heart, it stop beat, can't move, burning ahh)